Jet skis, PWC’s (Personal Water Crafts), Sea Doos, WaveRunners; whatever you call ’em, there’s no question these high-powered boats have created new dangers for our waterways. Although jetskis can be very fun, when you couple a high horsepower engine with a small, fiberglass body, you get an incredibly high performance watercraft that may be difficult for many people to operate safely. Our Law Firm specializes in handling injuries resulting from Wave Runner wrecks and other various boating accidents. Look at our results page for more information regarding our experiences in past cases.
If you or a loved one have been injured in any type of boating or jet ski wreck have been injured in the waters of Destin, Fort Walton Beach, Okaloosa Island, Panama City Beach, or any of the other surrounding Gulf Coast Beaches, contact us immediately at 850.243.4227 or 1800BRUNER1.
Improvements in technology and the process of globalization have enabled consumers to choose from a wider array of products than ever before. This is a positive development in many ways, but it also has its drawbacks. For example, many of us now buy products without considering where they were made – or how closely their production is overseen. Additionally, the sheer volume of products that have entered the marketplace has increased exponentially. Although the government and various consumer protection groups attempt to monitor the influx of new products in the marketplace, it has become an increasingly tiresome and unrealistic task. Much of the time, the dangers of a product are not widely known until it is too late.
Products with design or manufacturing defects can pose significant risks to thousands, if not millions of consumers. If you or a loved one has been harmed by such a product, you may deserve compensation for the losses you have suffered. The Bruner Firm can help. Fill out our contact form or call 1-800-BRUNER-1 today.
Fort Walton Beach Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Motorcycles are powerful machines that require a certain degree of skill and experience to operate safely. However, even experienced bikers run the risk of a motorcycle accident every time they drive. Motorcycle crashes occur frequently and often have serious consequences, especially if the motorcycle rider does not wear a suitable helmet to protect his head. A motorcyclist who has an accident is 26 times more likely to die than someone riding as a passenger in a car.
Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
- Very little protection is offered to riders on a motorcycle in the event of a collision with another motor vehicle.
- The lack of airbags, seatbelts, and other safety features means that victims of motorcycle accidents are much more susceptible to serious injury than passengers in a car. Recovering from a motorcycle accident can take years and injuries can include broken bones, burns, internal injuries, head injuries, and spinal cord injuries. In the most serious cases, motorcycle accidents can lead to permanent disabilities, amputation, or death.
- Motorcycle accidents often occur because motorcycles are less stable than cars and require a certain amount of balance. Misalignment of the front and rear tires at high speed can cause the front end of the motorcycle to become unstable and “wobble”. If this issue is the cause of a motorcycle accident, the manufacturer of the motorcycle could be financially responsible for any resulting injuries due to product liabilities. Handlebar defects, tire defects, and fuel line defects are other product liabilities that can cause a motorcycle accident.
- Motorcycles are much smaller and, typically, much faster than cars making them difficult for car, van, or truck drivers to spot. Many motorcycle accidents occur because the driver of another vehicle did not see the motorcycle; however, this does not excuse the driver from liability in the accident. Approximately two-thirds of motorcycle accidents involve another vehicle that violated the motorcyclist’s right of way. This is exceptionally dangerous at intersections, where about 70% of motorcycle accidents occur.
- Road hazards are also a frequent cause of motorcycle accidents in Broward County. Examples of road hazards could be potholes, oil slicks, puddles, and debris on the roadway. Inclement weather can also contribute greatly to motorcycle accidents, especially in South Florida where weather conditions often change quickly.
- Another cause of motorcycle accidents can be inadequate maintenance. This can lead to engine or brake failure. Operating a motorcycle under the influence of drugs or alcohol also greatly increases the chances that a motorcycle accident will occur.
Do you need a motorcycle accident lawyer?
Individuals who have been injured in a motorcycle accident may be entitled to compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and other damages suffered. Laws regarding motorcycle accidents are different than for car accidents, so it is important to speak with an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer as soon as possible after the accident. Consulting with a ft walton lawyer can help you understand your rights and options and may allow you to recover compensation for your injuries.
« Previous 1 2 3