Panama City Rollover Car Accidents Lawyers
Any highway accident can be devastating and deadly, but rollover accidents are especially dangerous. These accidents occur when a vehicle – particularly one with a high center of gravity – tips over and rolls onto its side or top, often causing great harm to passengers, other vehicles, or those outside the vehicle. The National Highway Transportation Safety Board reports that about 30 percent of all passenger vehicle fatalities happen in rollover crashes.
If you or a loved one were harmed in a rollover accident, you need an attorney who understands Florida’s vehicle accident laws. The rollover accident lawyers at The Bruner Law Firm can hold the negligent parties responsible and get you the compensation you deserve for your injuries. Call us today at (850) 769-9292 for a free consultation.
Why You Need A Lawyer
Rollover accidents are particularly destructive and violent wrecks, and the damage they cause can be significant. Settlement or judgment amounts can sometimes reach into the millions of dollars. An accident of this magnitude requires a thorough investigation to determine if a driver’s negligence caused the crash.
An experienced attorney can gather all the evidence, such as the police report, eyewitness statements, photos or videos of the accident, physical evidence leftover from the accident, and comprehensive medical records. We’ll also hire expert witnesses, such as accident reconstruction specialists, medical experts, and financial experts, to put together a solid case for your compensation.
It’s important that you also have a skilled attorney to uphold your rights and represent your best interests. Insurance companies are for-profit organizations that are aiming to settle as cheaply as possible. We’ll fight assertively and knowledgeably for the full and fair compensation that you’re owed. A seasoned car accident attorney is essential to a successful insurance claim.
Why Hire The Bruner Law Firm?
The accident lawyers at The Bruner Law Firm have successfully recovered millions of dollars in compensation for clients in Florida for over 25 years. You can review a list of our successes here. Our dedicated personal injury attorneys have many years of experience with devastating rollover accidents and large insurance claims.
We have devoted our careers to representing those who have been injured by the negligent and harmful actions of others. We take pride in our ability to provide high quality and personalized legal representation to all of our clients.
Causes of Rollover Accidents
One of the main causes of rollover accidents is an event called tripping. If a wheel of the vehicle impacts a curb, a large rock, construction material, or uneven ground, the vehicle can “trip” on the obstacle, losing balance and tipping over.
Vehicles with a high center of gravity are more likely to roll over. Sports utility vehicles, pickup trucks, and vans are less stable than other vehicles, especially when making turns.
Some of the most common contributing factors to rollover accidents include:
- Speeding: about 40 percent of fatal rollover crashes involve high speeds. Almost three-fourths of these accidents occur in rural areas where the speed limit is 55mph or higher.
- Tires: uneven tires can cause a tall vehicle to lean, increasing the chances of a rollover. Tires that have too much grip on the pavement can allow excessive forces to build up and trip the vehicle during an emergency maneuver.
- Overloading: carrying a load that is too heavy or is not balanced properly can decrease the vehicle’s stability. The heaviest cargo should be placed low and as close to the center of the vehicle as possible.
- Alcohol impairment: nearly half of all fatal rollover crashes involve alcohol use. Rollover accidents often occur when a driver loses control of the vehicle, which is much more likely if the driver is impaired.
- Side impact: A vehicle can roll when it’s struck forcefully on its sides by another vehicle.
There are other factors that may contribute to a rollover crash, including weather conditions or design flaws in the vehicle. An experienced rollover accident attorney will be able to nail down the specific circumstances that caused the rollover to occur and which parties may be held liable.
Injuries in Rollover Accidents
Accidents of this nature can cause terrible injuries because of the violent and destructive impacts involved. Some of the injuries most commonly seen in rollover accidents include:
- Multiple bone fractures and breaks
- Serious head and brain trauma from heavy impacts, leading to possible brain damage
- Lacerations and deep flesh wounds, causing heavy blood loss
- Damage to the neck and spinal cord, which may cause partial or full paralysis
- Facial scarring from deep cuts or burns
- Punctured organs or lungs from metal debris or broken bones
It is imperative that you seek medical attention after any major accident. You may have hidden injuries that don’t seem serious but can cause permanent damage if left untreated. If you don’t see a doctor directly after your accident, you can put your compensation at risk, as insurance companies may try to argue that you weren’t actually hurt in the crash.
What Kinds of Compensation Can I Expect?
Every case is different. There are a number of ways that compensation may help you recover from your accident, however. Common types of compensation include:
- Medical and hospitalization bill payment
- Prescription drug reimbursement
- Replacement of wages lost due to time spent in recovery
- Damages for physical and psychological distress
- Long-term care and rehabilitation costs
- Damaged and destroyed property replacement
- Compensation for loss of household income or loss of consortium in the case of permanent disability
- Help with funeral and burial expenses
Your lawyer can give you a better idea of what kinds of compensation you can expect in your own situation when you meet to discuss your case.
Speak With a Panama City Rollover Accident Attorney Today
A rollover accident is a terrifying experience, and the recovery can be even worse. While you focus on recovering from your injuries, you need a team of Panama City car accident attorneys who will fight for your right to compensation. The Bruner Law Firm will work tirelessly to make sure the negligent parties responsible for your injuries are held accountable. Call us at (850) 769-9292 or fill out our contact form right away to schedule a free consultation to discuss your case.