Santa Rosa Beach Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer

Since 1992 Vince Bruner has devoted his practice solely to work as a Plaintiff's personal injury lawyer, dedicated to assisting people injured in accidents.

Santa Rosa Beach Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer

You could be eligible for substantial compensation if you have suffered a spinal cord injury due to someone else’s negligence. These injuries can result in permanent trauma and the complete upheaval of your life. But with the help of a knowledgeable lawyer, you can file a spinal cord injury claim and demand money for your losses. At The Bruner Law Firm, our attorneys are dedicated to helping folks like you throughout Santa Rosa Beach and surrounding areas, regardless of the severity or complexity of their injury cases.

When you come to The Bruner Law Firm for help, you can count on us to champion your best interests and pursue maximum compensation on your behalf. Contact us through our website or by calling us at (850) 608-8715 for a free consultation to discuss your legal options with our Santa Rosa Beach spinal cord injury attorneys.

Causes of Spinal Cord Injuries

Spinal cord injuries are some of the scariest and potentially most damaging injuries one can suffer. The National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center (NSCISC) recently estimated that nearly 20,000 new spinal cord injury cases occur annually in the United States, with hundreds of thousands more people already living with the consequences of these injuries.

Some of the most common causes of spinal cord injuries in Santa Rosa Beach include the following:

  • Motor vehicle accidents
  • Slips, trips, and falls
  • Sports and recreation accidents
  • Acts of violence, especially gunshot wounds
  • Medical or surgical malpractice

Symptoms of Spinal Cord Injuries

Spinal cord injuries can manifest in more ways than you might think. Possible symptoms include:

  • Partial or total paralysis
  • Loss of motor control and movement
  • Numbness or tingling in the limbs
  • Lowered feeling and sensation on the skin
  • Spasms, twitches, and involuntary reflexes
  • Pain and discomfort, especially in the back
  • Difficulty breathing, swallowing, or coughing
  • Difficulty with bladder or bowel control

You should always seek medical attention immediately after any injury accident, even if you don’t think you sustained a spinal cord injury. You could develop severe health complications if you continue to live and move around normally without addressing underlying spinal cord damage.

How Do I Know If I Have a Spinal Cord Injury?

Many spinal cord injury symptoms overlap with the symptoms of other common ailments. This means it’s difficult to tell when you have a spinal cord injury in certain cases. If you know or suspect that an accident damaged your spinal cord, never try to deal with it yourself. Seek medical attention as soon as possible so a professional can diagnose and treat you. You can always claim compensation for your medical costs as part of your personal injury claim, but you can’t reverse damage to your spinal cord.

What Types of Compensation Can A Santa Rosa Beach Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer Recover?

With a successful spinal cord injury claim, you could be able to recover compensation for the following:

  • Past and future medical bills
  • Physical and psychological therapies
  • Pain and suffering
  • Lost wages
  • Lost earning capacity
  • Incidental, out-of-pocket expenses
  • Lost quality of life

Spinal cord injuries can stay with you your entire life. They can permanently affect your independence and ability to work and live normally. If a negligent party contributed to your spinal cord injury, you shouldn’t have to bear the burden of their wrongdoing. An experienced Santa Rosa Beach spinal cord injury attorney can help you hold the at-fault party accountable and demand maximum compensation for your losses.

What Is the Legal Time Limit for Spinal Cord Injury Lawsuits?

You have two to four years to file most personal injury lawsuits in Florida, including spinal cord injury lawsuits. The timeline for your unique case could vary depending on the circumstances, and some deadlines are much tighter than others. The best way to determine how long you have to file your spinal cord injury lawsuit is to consult a knowledgeable attorney.

Can I Receive Compensation if I Am Partially at Fault?

Yes. Florida’s comparative fault system allows you to claim compensation for your spinal cord injury case even if you were partially at fault for the accident that injured you. Unlike other states that prohibit you from suing for compensation if you are more than 49 or 50 percent at fault, Florida courts allow you to demand compensation from liable parties even if you were 99 percent at fault.

However, there is a catch. The total amount of compensation you can recover for your claim decreases based on your percentage of fault. For example, if the other side successfully argues that you were 20 percent at fault for the accident that caused your spinal cord injury, the most you could recover would be the remaining 80 percent of your total losses. That means if your losses were $100,000 and you were 20 percent at fault in a spinal cord injury lawsuit, the most you could recover for your case would be the other 80 percent of your losses, or $80,000.

Do I Need a Personal Injury Attorney for My Spinal Cord Injury Case?

Santa Rosa Beach Spinal Cord Injury LawyerYes. Personal injury attorneys are critical during spinal cord injury settlement negotiations and lawsuits. Because of how life-changing these injuries can be, even minor shortcomings in a settlement agreement could lead to substantial financial difficulties in the future. When you have grounds for a spinal cord injury lawsuit, you need help from a knowledgeable attorney with experience handling cases like yours. The right lawyer can identify and estimate medical and personal costs you will likely incur due to your spinal cord injury, both now and in the future, and demand fair compensation accordingly.

Contact a Santa Rosa Beach Spinal Cord Injury Attorney

If you sustained a spinal cord injury in Santa Rosa Beach, the injury lawyers at The Bruner Law Firm are here to stand up for your rights and handle all the legal aspects of your injury case while you focus on rest and recovery. We have more than two decades of experience holding negligent parties responsible and helping our clients win outstanding settlements. To learn more about how we can help you, fill out our online contact form or call us at (850) 608-8715 today for a free consultation.

 

Related Posts:

Written by Vincent Michael Last Updated : September 19, 2023

In The News
Three Most Common and Three Most Bizarre Holiday Lawsuits

Everyone seems to get a little nutty around the holidays. The shopping whirlwind, seeing the in-laws, or even putting up

Why Your Car Accident Settlement Is Taking so Long

Have you been involved in a car accident recently and are now anxiously awaiting your settlement? If so, you’re not

Why You Should Get an Injury Lawyer for a Minor Car Accident

Getting involved in a car accident, even a minor one, can be a distressing experience. You have a lot on

What Does a Car Accident Lawyer Do

Every year, millions of people worldwide experience the sudden shock, fear, and confusion that come with a car accident. This

assoc_logo_01
assoc_logo_02
assoc_logo_03
assoc_logo_04
assoc_logo_05
assoc_logo_06
assoc_logo_07
assoc_logo_07
GET YOUR FREE CASE EVALUATION