T-bone collisions, otherwise known as broadside crash or side-impact collisions, are both rare and extremely dangerous to every individual involved. This type of accident usually happens within an intersection when one vehicle fails to yield to a stop sign or traffic signal and directly strikes another vehicle on its side, resulting in a “T” shaped crash. Since T-bone accidents usually occur at a high rate of speed, the force of the impact is often very high, causing critical or life-threatening injuries.
While seatbelts and the dynamics of the car help to protect the occupant in the event of a head-on or rear-end collision, there is minimal protection on the sides of your vehicle. On some occasions, a vehicle can be struck so hard on its side that the car flips over onto the roof, trapping the occupants inside.
The personal injury attorneys at The Bruner Law Firm understand how life-altering a T-bone collision can be. We stand ready to assist you after a horrific T-bone accident. If you are the victim of a T-bone crash, our experienced attorneys will dedicate themselves to helping you recover the damages and compensation you are owed for your injuries and losses.
Contact one of our legal experts at (850) 769-9292 to schedule a free consultation of your case and begin the process of healing mentally, physically, and financially.
Common T-Bone Collision Injuries
T-bone or broadside collisions make up approximately 13% of annual crashes within the United States. However, T-bone crashes account for 18% of fatal crashes in the country, making them one of the most deadly types of accidents to be involved in. These crashes kill nearly 8,000 Americans each year, according to the National Transportation Highway Safety Administration.
It is incredibly rare to walk away from a T-bone collision without sustaining any injuries. Most injuries in these types of collisions are incredibly serious and could change your life drastically. While the types of injuries can vary, some of the most common include:
- Broken bones
- Head injuries
- Spinal Cord injuries
- Soft-tissue injuries
- Internal injuries
- Severe lacerations from broken glass
- Possible loss of limbs
What Can Cause a T-Bone Collision
There are a number of factors that could cause a T-bone crash. Most of them involve reckless or careless driving errors, such as:
- Running traffic lights
- Distracted driving
- Aggressive driving techniques
- Road rage
- Failure to acknowledge yield and stop signs
- Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
While these are some of the most common causes in broadside crashes, accidents are unpredictable and can occur even in the most unusual ways. That is why it is vital to have an attorney who can investigate the cause of your T-bone accident to prove fault and develop a solid case for compensation on your behalf.
What to Do After Being Involved in a T-Bone Crash
Being involved in any type of crash can be physically and emotionally traumatizing. It is vital to take the appropriate steps to ensure you are safe and protected following a serious T-bone crash. This is why there are a number of steps to take immediately following the crash to protect your safety and also protect your rights.
- Step 1: Examine yourself for injuries. Even if you feel as if you are totally fine after a serious crash, make no sudden movements. Slowly check on each part of your body for any lacerations, aches, or any type of pain whatsoever. If you or anyone else is hurt, call 911, or have someone call for you. Even if there are no immediate injuries, it’s important to call the police to the scene to prepare an accident report. This may later become crucial evidence for your case.
- Step 2: Record the name, policy information, and contact information of the other drivers involved in the accident. Also gather the contact information of any witnesses to the accident.
- Step 3: Take photos or videos of the accident scene to document it. Note the position of the vehicles, any skid marks, traffic signals, road conditions, weather, or anything else that may have been a factor in your case.
- Step 4: Follow up with a healthcare provider as soon as possible after the accident. Your adrenaline from the crash may mask any injuries you might have. A doctor may uncover injuries you’re not aware of, and the medical records will provide important evidence for your case.
- Step 5: Contact the T-bone collision attorneys at The Bruner Law Firm to ensure your interests are properly represented from the very beginning.
Why Hire The Bruner Law Firm After a T-bone Collision?
One of the most difficult aspects of being injured in a serious T-bone crash is dealing with the financial burdens that follow. As soon as you are released from the hospital, bills will begin to pile up, and insurance adjusters will begin to call, as might the other party’s attorneys. The last thing you want to do is avoid all of this, because things will likely only get worse the longer they are ignored.
By contacting the personal injury attorneys at The Bruner Law Firm, you will have a knowledgeable and determined individual on your side who can confidently represent your interests. From the very beginning, we’ll investigate your accident and gather crucial evidence to build an airtight case on your behalf.
Our attorneys know exactly how to deal with insurance companies, whose primary goal is to award you the minimal compensation possible following your collision. We’ll negotiate confidently and effectively on your behalf for the compensation we know you deserve.
What Can I Receive Compensation For?
The amount of compensation you could be entitled to following an accident varies on a case-by-case basis. However, if you or a loved one are severely injured and not at fault for the crash, you are entitled to receive compensation in order to make up for:
- Medical bills
- Insurance deductibles
- Loss of employment or insurance
- Damages or replacement costs of property
- Emotional and physical pain and suffering
Although these are only a few examples of compensation you can receive after being involved in a T-bone crash, The Bruner Law Firm may be able to negotiate more funds depending on your unique situation. This is why it is so important to have an attorney on your side who will get you the financial reward you deserve.
Contact a T-bone Collision Attorney Now
Time is limited when filing a claim after being involved in a T-bone crash. You or your loved one will need a caring attorney for representation as soon as possible. Call the T-bone collision attorneys at The Bruner Law Firm today for a professional review of your case at absolutely no cost to you. Our attorneys will work only with your best interests in mind so that you can focus on your recovery. Call us today at (850) 769-9292.