How to Scare an Insurance Adjuster
Insurance companies are big businesses, and they’re not afraid to intimidate someone to avoid paying a claim or reduce its value. But insurance adjusters are people, too, and you can scare them if you know what to do. The trick is understanding how adjusters think, their tactics, and how to counter them.
At The Bruner Law Firm, our Fort Walton Beach personal injury attorneys know how to handle insurance adjusters and make them pay a claim. We know the tricks they use to scare people and how to turn the tables on them. By following the tips in this guide and hiring a driven, experienced lawyer, you have a much stronger chance of recovering the money you need from an accident.
Scare Tactics Insurance Adjusters Use
Before digging into what makes insurance adjusters scared, it’s useful to know a little about how they try to scare those who file a claim. One of the most common scare tactics they use is to delay a decision on your claim. They know that when you’re dealing with a severe injury, time is not your friend. Medical bills pile up. You might be missing work. You’re desperate for help. So they make you wait, hoping you’ll take a smaller payout just to get things over with.
Another tactic is confusion. Have you ever tried reading an insurance policy? It’s like trying to understand a science textbook written in a foreign language. Adjusters bank on this confusion, making the process seem so complex that you feel compelled to take whatever they offer.
Finally, adjusters often use a technique called lowballing. This is when they offer you an amount that’s way below what your claim is worth, hoping you’ll be too worn out or desperate to negotiate for more.
How to Intimidate an Insurance Adjuster
No one should be a pushover, especially when dealing with insurance adjusters. You have rights and are allowed to fight for them. Intimidating an insurance adjuster doesn’t mean getting angry or resorting to threats; it means showing that you’re smart, prepared, and not easily swayed. Here’s how to do just that:
- Know Your Rights: The first step to intimidating an insurance adjuster is understanding your rights. Read up on Florida insurance law and understand the basics of personal injury law. (Better still: Hire an attorney who understands the nuances of insurance laws.) This helps you communicate effectively and stand your ground when dealing with adjusters.
- Document Everything: Insurance adjusters love paperwork. You can give them a run for their money by being even more thorough. Document your injuries, treatment, and recovery with photos, medical reports, and bills. Keep track of any lost wages or other financial impacts. The more evidence you have, the harder it is for them to deny your claim.
- Be Patient: Remember, one of the most common tactics insurance adjusters use is stalling. They’re hoping you’ll get desperate and take a lower offer. Show them you’re not easily swayed. Be patient, and let them know you’re willing to wait for a fair settlement.
- Don’t Accept the First Offer: Insurance adjusters often start with a lowball offer, hoping you’ll take it and they can close the case. Show them you’re not easily fooled by rejecting their first offer. You’re entitled to a fair settlement that covers your medical bills, pain and suffering, lost wages, and many other losses related to an accident.
- Hire a Lawyer: Nothing says “I mean business,” like having a lawyer by your side. Personal injury attorneys know the law, understand insurance adjusters’ tactics, and can forcefully fight for your rights. Hiring a lawyer shows the adjuster that you’re serious and prepared to go to court if necessary.
By following these tips, you can stand up to insurance adjusters and fight for the compensation you deserve. After all, you didn’t ask to get injured and shouldn’t have to pay for someone else’s mistake. Be strong, be smart, and show those adjusters who’s really in charge.
The Best Way to Scare an Insurance Adjuster? Hire an Aggressive Attorney
It’s impossible to overstate the importance of hiring a lawyer if you want to put the fear of God into an insurance adjuster. Insurance companies count on you being confused and afraid to protect their bottom line. But with an experienced, knowledgeable, and aggressive attorney leading the way, you can get an insurance adjuster to back off and make a fair offer.
The Fort Walton Beach injury lawyers at The Bruner Law Firm don’t fear insurance adjusters and can help you stand your ground if one tries to scare you. Call (850) 243-2222 or fill out our contact form for a complimentary case review.